It’s simple, Connections. Recruiting is about Connecting … People with Knowledge. People with Purpose. People with People. Our passion is You!
We take the word “partner” seriously, and focus on growing companies and careers through building quality, long-term relationships.
We listen, we get involved, we’re transparent and we’re invested. From hosting quarterly events with our entire team of consultants to spending face-to-face time to assess both hiring and position needs, we’re committed to being actively engaged.
We strongly believe that it is the most diverse teams who build the best companies and create truly great work. In our own business, we are Minority-Owned (MBE), Woman-Owned (WBE), and Disadvantaged Owned (DBE). Among our team of consultants, diversity looks like a variety of ethnic backgrounds, socioeconomic backgrounds, diverse gender representation, military representation, and more.
Pharos also has a core team of partners with significant experience in delivery of large programs and projects across a variety of industries and disciplines. That includes Utilities, Telecommunications, Financial Services, and Healthcare. Delivery experience includes Information Technology, Program and Project Management, Account and Portfolio Management, Technology Infrastructure Management, Strategy Development and Operations Management.
Pharos intends to build a stronger and more diverse hometown community. Not only do we actively seek career opportunities for our clients that enable them to become engaged in the communities they live in, we are actively invested in our community ourselves. Our founder Joelsette Hernandez-Jones currently sits on the following boards in Kansas City:
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce: helping grow small Hispanic businesses
- Mainstream Coalition: MainStream is a coalition of informed citizens who believe that moderate voices need to be heard in today’s political climate.
- Westside Housing Organization: Westside Housing works with residents, local businesses and key stakeholders to rebuild neighborhoods so they are safe, affordable and healthy places where diverse people want to live, work and play.
- Heartland Chamber Music: Heartland Chamber Music is piloting the String Sprouts program in Kansas City, providing area three – seven year-olds who are on reduced or free lunch programs with five years of free string lessons.
- 25 Under 25: With the establishment of the 25 Under 25® Awards program by Thinking Bigger Business Media, small businesses — specifically businesses with fewer than 25 employees — are being recognized for the significant role they play in the Kansas City economy.
- Johnson County Community College: The Mission of the Carlsen Center at Johnson County Community College is to present professional performing arts programming with a variety of high quality artists, both familiar and new. Serve as a comprehensive arts education resource for the community AND lead, partner and collaborate on campus, in the community and across the country.